Sunday, February 12, 2017

Sandwich Pockets


And another baked goody I made from a Turkish video, using google translate.
The video was in my friends' feed on Facebook and I liked the idea so much that I had to try it.
Here's the recipe source and the products I used  - I reduced it a little to get eight sandwich pockets, just enough for one baking tin:
  • 1/2 cup milk
  • 1/2 cup water
  • 3 1/2 cups flour
  • 7 g instant yeast
  • 1 egg white
  • 1/4 cup olive oil
  • 1 tbsp sugar
  • 1 tsp salt

I filled my pockets with tomatoes, Chinese lettuce and feta cheese.



 A very delicious sandwich bread, that I'll be making again for my children's school lunches.


And a glimpse at my current project - socks for my husband. The yarn is 100% wool, which I dyed last year and have been racking my brains what to knit with it, as it is only 100 g. So when husband said that he would like warm wooly socks the problem was solved.

I'm so enjoying the process, I really love the slight variations of burnt orange, red and brown of the stitches and the pattern - Simple Skyp Socks is excellent:


1 comment:

  1. This is a genius idea - so many possibilities for different ingredients! Love the carrot color of your yarn!

    ReplyDelete