Friday, July 29, 2016

Sponge Cake with Pudding

Sponge cake with pudding on top is a discovery for me this summer and it provides so much opportunities for improvisation. So far I've made it twice - first with pudding vanilla and sweetened sour cream and last night - with mascarpone and chocolate pudding.


Ingredients:

For the cake:
  • 4 eggs
  • 1 cup flour
  • 1 cup sugar
  • 10 g backing powder
  • 2 vanillas
For cake syrup:
  • 150 ml milk
  • 3 tbsp sugar

For the pudding:
  • 500 ml milk
  • 3 tbsp sugar
  • 1 chocolate pudding Dr. Oetker
  • 250 g mascarpone
  • 1 pack gelatin (10g)


Preparation: Beat the eggs with the sugar, add flour, baking powder and vanilla. Pour in a cake ring form and bake in a preheated oven at 180C. Take the cake out of the oven and leave to cool. Do not remove the cake ring. Heat 150 ml milk with three tablespoons of sugar and syrup the cake, spreading the milk evenly.
Prepare one Dr Oetker chocolate pudding and add 250 g mascarpone to it. Add one pack (10g) of gelatin, prepared according to the instructions on the pack. Pour the pudding mixture on top of the cake and leave in the refrigerator for the night (or at least for 3-4 hours, 2 hours minimum, if you can't wait longer :).
Et voilà, very juicy spongy cake for your morning coffee:


I'm finally ready with this tiny Miette, just waiting for Gaby to take a few proper modelled pictures of it:

2 comments:

  1. I love how well the Miette goes with the skirt. What an interesting combination of pudding and cake. I just ordered cake supplies on Amazon - 2 double cake pan set, an offset spatula, and baking strips. The ohana is coming down late August to celebrate my husband and my SIL's birthdays; I promised carrot cake so I want to do a trial run beforehand.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've never tried baking strips, probably I should buy too. I use a springform pan and it's very handy.

    ReplyDelete