сряда, 6 юли 2016 г.

Refashioned Maternity Dress

A refashioning project that is almost sixteen years late :)


I sewed this maternity dress when I was pregnant with Gaby and wore it a lot during my last trimester - she was an August baby. Alex was a winter/spring baby, but I occasionally put it on at home as a pinafore over pullovers, when I was pregnant the second time.

Back then I must have been into high necklines and shallow armscyes, but now I prefer more room, so instead of just taking in the width, I unstitched the whole dress and cut out a new simple dress with identical front and back and wider neckline and armholes.

It's probably the simplest dress there is, but it's for home usage. Still, as I work from home and our summers are quite hot, it's important for me to have comfortable home clothes.

From the cuttings from the sides I made two bands to tie in the back and give the dress some shape.

Ta-da, a new dress :) I have no idea what this fabric is, probably synthetic crepe silk, but it's nice to the touch and does not crease - ideal for a domestic summer dress.

2 коментара:

  1. I made $20 for a 20 minute survey!

    Guess what? This is exactly what major companies are paying me for. They need to know what their average customer needs and wants. So large companies pay $1,000,000's of dollars per month to the average person. In return, the average person, like myself, fills out surveys and gives them their opinion.

    ОтговорИзтриване
  2. Get daily ideas and methods for making $1,000s per day FROM HOME totally FREE.
    GET FREE INSTANT ACCESS

    ОтговорИзтриване