Name: Cute Hearts Hat
Pattern: From Norway with Love
Yarn: Alize Cashmira 100% wool in
black, purple, violet and pink
Needle: 3. 5 mm rib, 4 mm body
Double brim 88 sts, body 110 sts (11 repeats)
Time to knit: two days
I know, last you checked, no such hat was listed as a WIP on my blog and I said I had more than enough on my needles. So how did it happen that early Saturday morning I picked up my needles, knitted a few rounds of my Mystic Pullover and then all of a sudden began pulling out various Cashmira yarns and cast on a new hat?
Here's how it all began:
1. On Friday night gvozdiShe published a new outfit, featuring her cream color Verena sweater. I love that sweater, so Saturday morning, while drinking my coffee, I searched her on Ravelry, tagged her in my friends' list and browsed the other Barthilde projects.
2. Nadinkova's Barthilde is just gorgeous, so I favoured it, looked her up (no blog, alas) and browsed through her other projects. I noticed, that she mentioned Lena.
3.Nadinkova's latest sweater - Parlan (beautiful work, again!) also mentioned Lena with a link to her Ravelry profile. So I went to look up Lena.
4. Bee-Lena is another sophisticated knitter and she also blogs. So - on to her blog.
5. I subscribed to her blog and browsed through it - plenty of beautiful knitting and sewing projects, including masterfully made coats! (I'm so glad I studied Russian and English in school! Thus I have most of the knitting blogs world wide covered. But of course, when your mother tongue is spoken by some 7 mln. natives and a couple of foreigners, you just have to study languages :)
6. I was intrigued by a grey cardigan and clicked on the page. And there I also saw the From Norway with Love hat with hearts. I've had that hat on my Ravelry queue for more than a year, I think. So that was it - the last drop - I had to make this hat NOW. I immediately imagined it in black with purple and pink hearts and I had just the yarn needed.
So I set aside my turquoise sweater, dug out the Cashmira balls and cast on the hat.
Do you proceed any similar to that when casting on a new project :))) ?
Shared with Creative Friday
and FO Friday.