Thursday, December 2, 2021

In the Park

For more than a couple of years now I try to go out for an hour - an hour and a half every work day. I work from home (always have been, not just now) and I have the liberty to organize my work hours as I find fit as long as I deliver on time. Not that I am successful in my endevours - in reality I go out for a walk on average on two or three out of five work days, but there's always the goal and the plan at the start of the day that I will find the time and the will to do it. 

Usually it is enough just to put my walking clothes and shoes on and step out of the door - once that barrier of laziness and unwillingness is crossed, I enjoy my walks and do not consider the time lost. I usually listen to music and ponder on my daily plans and craft projects; I've tried doing Duolingo exercises while walking, but it's not really worth it.

The first pictures were taken during my last week's walks on Friday and Saturday, when late autumn was still the season to be experienced, with cold wind on Friday and some warmer breeze on Saturday.


And I took these snowy ones yesterday, after the snowfall during Monday night. Such a difference just in a couple of hours. But as lovely as the birch trees look on the snowy background, I'm glad that the temperatures are rising and the snow is melting - I'm not ready to part with autumn yet, and snow is such a hassle in the city. Frankly, I wouldn't mind a warm snowless winter in Sofia with plenty of snow on Vitosha :))



No comments:

Post a Comment